The event was designed for military and civilian personnel who seek to extend their expertise to new robotic technology for sea surveillance and characterization, and for scientists and engineers interested in how this technology can address challenges in present naval warfare.
The topics for the 4th WMAUGT listed below were developed from the discussions in previous workshops:
- Novel payloads and capabilities for underwater gliders
- Future integration of glider fleets in naval operations
- Sustained monitoring and surveillance of marine regions
- Glider operations in high latitude regions
- Passive acoustic capabilities for underwater glider
- Maritime environmental characterization using underwater gliders
- Underwater glider network
All presentations for the workshop were classified up to NATO UNCLASSIFIED security level.